Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Importance of a Club Team

Choosing a club team to belong to is one of the most important aspects in playing on the collegiate level. The level of play and coach of the club make a huge difference if they are well known. Belonging to certain clubs give a certain impression about their players. For example, if a coach wants a player who is tall, fast, and strong they might look to clubs such as  Empire United. But in the same manner,  if you are a player with these qualities you would look to join this team. Last year, I joined a very well known club the Syracuse Blitz which I found to be almost disappointing. Mostly of the players on the team were "one man shows" and the coach did not seemed to be very organized. Later that year, the team disbanded and I was in search of another local club team, which was a little more serious and uptight. I landed myself on the club team known as the AS Wolves. Ever since I joined, the club has been able to help me out The coach has played internationally as a professional, and knows exactly how to coach success. This was the team I knew I belonged to. He has been preparing me to go to Slippery Rock University to play DII soccer. The easiest way to find good local teams are by simply googling them in your area. Once you find a club you are interested in, do some research on them and talk to current players to see if the club fits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment